Brookings Area Triathlon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

laura's intro

Go down

laura's intro Empty laura's intro

Post  I<3myScott Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:54 pm

Howdy all,

I hate doing these things, but here it goes...

I am 26 and have been a student at SDSU since its conception. I am currently a graduate student in the biology department and will be done this fall.

I initially started with running when I started college becuase I was tired of being fat. However, by last summer when I was running up to 5 miles a day to feel like I getting a work out, I decided I needed to start road biking (I know 5 miles isn't that far, but I get really board when I run). My mum is a tri person and so was my boyfriend so they convinced me to try mini-tri since I was already doing 2 out of 3. I have only done one, but I had a blast (even though my mum beat me), so I plan on doing more. recently, I have been toying with the idea of training (and competing) for an Olympic length tri in memory of my boyfriend Kevin who died in a kayaking accident this summer. Kevin was my coach and motivator while I was training for the tri this spring and I think it would be a great way for me to thank and remember this former half-ironman tri-athlete.

And that's all I got! Sorry for getting so serious on you all!

Laura

Laura
I<3myScott
I<3myScott

Back to top Go down