Brookings Area Triathlon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Intro :)

Go down

My Intro :) Empty My Intro :)

Post  Admin Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:31 am

Well hopefully with me putting up an intro new members will follow suit and make one too.

There are two important times in my life. I was in middle school and one morning I was riding the bus to school. A car rear ended us on the highway. The impact was right were I was sitting in the back of the bus. The accident left me in constant pain for the next three years. My back hurt every single day, so I could not do really anything for physical activity. I became fat (230lbs) and depressed.

Finally at the end of my freshmen year of HS physical therapy failed to get rid of the pain, I took it upon myself. I eventually dropped to 165 pounds, a shadow of my former self. I then decided to bulk up and I put on a lot of muscle, getting back up to 185 pounds. But my knees were getting bad to the point that they would almost constantly hurt, courtesy of my mother's side of the family. I gave up lifting and took up cycling during my freshmen year of college.

The second pivotal point in my life was when I started cycling last summer, riding 4500 miles and losing 30 pounds. Other cyclists in the area and myself founded the Brookings Cycling Team that same year. For this current season the team has expanded into the Central Plains Cycling Team. We've got team members in Watertown, Brookings, Sioux Falls, Marshall MN, and Camby MN. The team races mainly in MN and Neb, and this year we're hosting a criterium in Sioux Falls. A crit is a race around a few city blocks. The beginner category races for 30 minutes. It's very fast paced and intense Smile We're holding ours in downtown Sioux Falls so it's going to be a lot of fun.

At the end of last season I felt that I wanted to expand myself and I decided to get into triathlons. Starting in Jan I began adding swimming and running into my training program. It was horrible at first, having never really trained in either of the two sports, ever. I've now done half a dozen triathlons and for only doing this a few months, am extremely happy with my results.

This season is all geared towards a half ironman distance race I'm doing in September over at Stillwater MN. Next year I plan on doing the Grandma's Marathon and a full Ironman distance race at the end of the summer.

There's an awesome group of triathletes that I have became friends with in the last few months. I'm hoping to do for the triathlete community what the cycling team has done for that community in eastern South Dakota.

Wow that was longer then I though it would be :p

Talk to you later Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://brookingstriathletes.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down