Brookings Area Triathlon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brookings Triathlon Club - Original Email

Go down

Brookings Triathlon Club - Original Email Empty Brookings Triathlon Club - Original Email

Post  Admin Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:37 pm

Here's the original email I sent out the people I know. I'm just posting it here so others who get linked to the forum, but I have not emailed, can read it here.

-----------------------
Hello Triathletes

There has been talk about starting a tri club in the last few months but if it's ever going to get past that stage we need to start doing something about it.

I've been doing some reading, looking at other triathlon club websites, and talking with other triathletes and here is the general list of things people want out of a triathlon club.

-The occasional meeting
-Group training rides
-Group swim times (possibly the master swim at the HPER)
-A Forum (facebook group or a free online forum)
-Discounts (local business sponsorships)
-Coaching/Advice from more experienced athletes
-Uniforms (www.champ-sys.com provided my cycling team kits)
-Celebrate each other
-Social interaction

First we would need to look into possible members. I'm sending this out to all the athletes I personally know and I'm looking through the people who put down Brookings as their location during the I'm Ready for Summer Triathlon and sending this to them as well through Facebook.

After this base is established I believe we would look into possible sponsorships. These sponsors would basically be paying for advertising, including:
Logo on Jersey
Logo on Newsletter
Access and Exposure to members and friends
Association with the fitness community

The cost for this would either be a discount at their business or a specific amount of money. Possible ideas for sponsorship would be the local bike shop, a local restaurant, and other popular types of businesses include clinics or physical therapy centers.

The only real member requirements would be:
-Yearly membership cost of approx 30 dollars (which would go towards your team uniform anyway)
-Wearing the uniform at triathlons
-Respect and represent sponsors as well as other team members in an appropriate and respectable manner
-Obey all traffic laws and ride in a safe responsible manner (you not only represent yourself and the club, but all swimmers, cyclists, and runners)

The goal of this triathlon club would be to further the sport in our area and eastern South Dakota as a whole. This would provide everyone with the opportunity to get support from more experienced athletes and to give advice and help to those looking for it.

Please get back to me with any information, thoughts, advice, or just "I'd be interested in joining". Thanks for your time Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://brookingstriathletes.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Brookings Triathlon Club - Original Email Empty Re: Brookings Triathlon Club - Original Email

Post  Admin Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:03 am

I was also thinking we could get together and do some open water swimming at lake Campbell.

I'm a horrible swimmer so I can use all the training I can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3S0wu4Zbfk
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://brookingstriathletes.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down